Nothing shows cat love like investing in a new litterbox for your cat. A cat in a box will feel secure and loved as it does its business. Furthermore, a cat inbox will be less inclined to mark territories when it is in heat.
Cats and boxes have a special relationship because felines feel very secure when they are in a box. It’s a natural cover from being seen immediately, and in the wild, the ancestors of the domestic cat naturally seek shelter against potential predators and enemies.
That’s the basic cat in the box theory that has been doing the rounds all these years. If you are hyped up and looking for a new litterbox, we found some amazing designs that will make your holidays a truly happy one with your feline companion.
Call us overexcited, but the Booda Dome is probably one of the unique designs ever for the modern cat litter box. What makes it special? The Booda Dome provides a full enclosure for your cats (this means all sides), making felines feel even more secure. The steps to the top of the Booda Dome are grooved.
The grooved steps ensure easy access and virtually mess-free steps even if your cat does a number inside. The pan inside the Booda Dome also has a built-in charcoal filter that helps reduce natural odors from urine and poop. The manufacturer has been producing awesome pet accessories for fifty years, and the Booda Dome is just one of many innovations recently released on Amazon.
Customer reviews say:
- The Booda Dome is adequate for larger than average cats. The dome has two entrances – the one with the stairs and the other top where the cat exit. It’s naturally dark inside, so the cat is assured of its privacy. One user said that she ordered it for her elderly cat that was well over thirty pounds.
- Other customers were shocked by the huge size of the Booda Dome, but the bigger they get, the more cats love them. Cats need nearly no introduction as they quickly explored their new poo palace.
If you want something sleek and chic, you might be interested in Litter Genie’s current design for modern cat litter boxes. This model is made of plastic. The design features compact dimensions that make it easier for feline owners to place the litter box in virtually any part of the house. The litter box has integrated handles that are easy to grab, so you can pull the litter box away and clean it whenever you have to.
We love the fact that Litter Genie created such high walls for the sides, so you won’t have to worry about your cat accidentally kicking litter out of the new litter box.
Customer reviews say:
- Some users may have mishandled the product, resulting in impact and cracks along the edges. Handle this product gingerly, as it is made of plastic, not flexible polyurethane.
- Other users say that this is the perfect litter box for cats that kick a lot while burying their poop. Other cats do a moderate kick-back, and they’re done. Others give a lot of energy to burying pee and poop. This is where the high walls of the Litter Genie become useful.
- There is some feedback that larger and stronger cats can deeply scratch the walls, which may be an issue if you have a larger-breed cat. If you have a larger cat, we recommend that you find something built for heavier cats.
The Modkat Flip Litter Box is a great choice for people who want the litter box’s standard or classic design. This litter box has a flipping top that you can use for easier clean-ups. Unlike other litter boxes, this litter box is a full-height box that stands at 16.8 inches, with a length of 20”. That is sufficient height and length to ensure that your cat fits in the box, and it can do its business easily.
You can choose from two modes: half-open or fully open. When it is half open, only one flap is up. You can also open the flaps completely if you want your cat to be able to make a high jump when it’s done pooping. This litter box comes with its own special, deep scoop so you can easily remove spent litter without much effort. Since it’s made of plastic, you just as easily clean the entire box and not worry about ruining anything. It comes with a reusable liner, reducing the costs of having a litter box at home.
Customer reviews say:
- This litter box is superb for larger cats that weigh eighteen pounds and above. Larger and heavier cats can now use the litter box without inadvertently spraying the outside of the litter box with urine. You can also imagine that the full-height walls will reduce the chances of litter spilling out. This litter box is truly a crowd-pleaser.
- Another review, which was written seven months after the user’s first use, indicated that it’s not true that the litter box is not good for larger cats. One user said that her 25-pound cat stays inside 24 hours a day and requires a heavy-duty litter box. This is a seven-year-old tom that is fixed but still occasionally sprays hard. The urine stays in the litter box, and the user is happy that it does.
- A third review indicated that the litter box’s height is a boon, and she places the litter box at the corner of rooms where cats are likely to pee and poop. The litter box keeps moisture and litter inside, and there are no complaints that the litterbox’s seams are unable to hold the sprays.